Re: [Ltib] Freescale 8313 installation problem

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Freescale 8313 installation problem
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:54:00 +0100

Hi James,

I've seen the later replies and agree. If you look at the latest Savannah CVS ltib (which one do you have?) then the check for rpm-build is in bin/Ltibutils.pm:1147 and should read:

    'rpm-build'      => sub { `rpmbuild --version 2>/dev/null` },

So far as the failures:

"""
> ERROR   0002: file '/opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm2cpio' contains an invalid
> rpath '/opt/ltib/usr/lib' in [/opt/ltib/usr/lib]
"""

are concerned, I've seen this before if an application installs a
~/.rpmmacros containing:
        /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths   /usrlib/rpmcheck-buildroot

Can you check if you have this, if so can you do:

$ rpm -qif ~/.rpmmacros

I'd like to know which package is doing this. If that shows nothing can you try to find out how it got there.

You need to remove this file otherwise it will interfere with the default behaviour of rpm. You can replace it once LTIB has installed itself (if you must).

Regards, Stuart

Newell, James C. wrote:
I think he indicated it is installed on his distro:
$ rpmbuild --version
RPM version 4.6.1

I found this to be true with fedora 11 too and after commenting out the
dependency in ltib I found the following:
address@hidden ltib]$ rpm -qa|grep rpm-build
rpm-build-4.7.0-1.fc11.i586

/tmp/rpm-newelljc/BUILD/rpm-4.0.4
+ /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
*******
*
* WARNING: 'check-rpaths' detected a broken RPATH and will cause
'rpmbuild'
*          to fail. To ignore these errors, you can set the '$QA_RPATHS'
*          environment variable which is a bitmask allowing the values
*          below. The current value of QA_RPATHS is 0x0011.
*
*    0x0001 ... standard RPATHs (e.g. /usr/lib); such RPATHs are a minor
*               issue but are introducing redundant searchpaths without
*               providing a benefit. They can also cause errors in
multilib
*               environments.
*    0x0002 ... invalid RPATHs; these are RPATHs which are neither
absolute
*               nor relative filenames and can therefore be a SECURITY
risk
*    0x0004 ... insecure RPATHs; these are relative RPATHs which are a
*               SECURITY risk
*    0x0008 ... the special '$ORIGIN' RPATHs are appearing after other
*               RPATHs; this is just a minor issue but usually unwanted
*    0x0010 ... the RPATH is empty; there is no reason for such RPATHs
*               and they cause unneeded work while loading libraries
*    0x0020 ... an RPATH references '..' of an absolute path; this will
break
*               the functionality when the path before '..' is a symlink
* *
* Examples:
* - to ignore standard and empty RPATHs, execute 'rpmbuild' like
*   $ QA_RPATHS=$[ 0x0001|0x0010 ] rpmbuild my-package.src.rpm
* - to check existing files, set $RPM_BUILD_ROOT and execute
check-rpaths like
*   $ RPM_BUILD_ROOT=<top-dir> /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths
* ************************************************************************
*******
ERROR   0002: file '/opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm2cpio' contains an invalid
rpath '/opt/ltib/usr/lib' in [/opt/ltib/usr/lib]
ERROR   0002: file '/opt/ltib/usr/lib/rpm/rpmi' contains an invalid
rpath '/opt/ltib/usr/lib' in [/opt/ltib/usr/lib]
ERROR   0002: file '/opt/ltib/usr/lib/rpm/rpmq' contains an invalid
rpath '/opt/ltib/usr/lib' in [/opt/ltib/usr/lib]
ERROR   0002: file '/opt/ltib/usr/lib/rpm/javadeps' contains an invalid
rpath '/opt/ltib/usr/lib' in [/opt/ltib/usr/lib]
ERROR   0002: file '/opt/ltib/usr/lib/rpm/rpmk' contains an invalid
rpath '/opt/ltib/usr/lib' in [/opt/ltib/usr/lib]
ERROR   0002: file '/opt/ltib/usr/lib/rpm/rpmb' contains an invalid
rpath '/opt/ltib/usr/lib' in [/opt/ltib/usr/lib]
ERROR   0002: file '/opt/ltib/usr/lib/rpm/rpmd' contains an invalid
rpath '/opt/ltib/usr/lib' in [/opt/ltib/usr/lib]
error: Bad exit status from /home/newelljc/work/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.kkUYVZ
(%install)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /home/newelljc/work/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.kkUYVZ
(%install)
Build time for rpm-fs: 32 seconds

Failed building rpm-fs
Died at ./ltib line 2147.