[Ltib] Building ltib fails on Ubuntu 09.10 and 10.04 Beta 1 (because of

From: Franz Trierweiler
Subject: [Ltib] Building ltib fails on Ubuntu 09.10 and 10.04 Beta 1 (because of texinfo)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:03:11 +0200

Hi,

Last year, I reported issues about building ltib on Ubuntu 09.10 (it works fine
on 09.04 hopefully) because of texinfo. Since I had to go on the project, I
delayed the investigation on this and went on with my 09.04 host. In december,
Freescale issued a new PDK for the i.MX25 (L2.6.31_09.12.00_SDK_source.tar.gz).
I naively thought that this new PDK would build fine on the newest Ubuntu
versions.

I know that this mailing list is not for Freescale-specific PDKs but I would
like to get your opinion (In //, I posted the issue on Freescale official
support and I am waiting for an answert). I dug more deeply into the
host_config.log file and found out that texinfo build fails as follows:

+ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/texinfo-4.8'
Making all in tools
make[2]: Entering directory
`/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/texinfo-4.8/tools'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/texinfo-4.8/tools'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/texinfo-4.8'
make: *** [all] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /home/franz/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.t1JvcU (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /home/franz/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.t1JvcU (%build)
Build time for texinfo: 66 seconds

Failed building texinfo
Died at ./ltib line 1380.
traceback:
 main::build_host_rpms:1380
  main::host_checks:1435
   main:542

Well, I tried to search in texinfo Makefile what's wrong but I must admit that
the all-recursive is really obscure to me:

all: config.h
        $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) all-recursive

Thus make implicitly call make all and then calls all-recursive...

In the Makefile, all-recursive appears only in:
RECURSIVE_TARGETS = all-recursive check-recursive dvi-recursive \
        html-recursive info-recursive install-data-recursive \
        install-exec-recursive install-info-recursive \
        install-recursive installcheck-recursive installdirs-recursive \
        pdf-recursive ps-recursive uninstall-info-recursive \
        uninstall-recursive

Thus, I believe to understand that make cannot run since it does not find any
"all-recursive:" entry???

Does anyone understand this issue (or has already faced this issue)?

Regards,
Franz