Re: [Ltib] RE: LTIB 6.4.1 on Ubuntu 9.10

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] RE: LTIB 6.4.1 on Ubuntu 9.10
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:02:44 +0100

Hi Todd,

There is not much point trying to get the very old LTIB you have running
on the later Ubuntu.  There will be many many bug fixes since that
version, as well as support for later distros.

You can install the newer LTIB from ltib.org
without destroying your old setup.  Simply install it into a new
directory (someone other than where your current one is).  If you get it
from a cvs checkout it creates a directory 'ltib' as long as your
current directory does not have this path, your old BSP is untouched.
So far as the common areas go (/opt/freescale,ltib) they should
cooperate okay.  The design of LTIB is tolerant of upgrades.

What I would do is this:

* Figure out what changes your old employer made against the pristine
ISO image you originally had (diff -u, or some other means)

* Install LTIB from ltib.org and build the defaults for the mpc5200

* Apply your changes to the ltib.org LTIB

Let me know if this does not answer your question.

Regards, Stuart