[Ltib] Setting new package options and dependencies

From: Franz TRIERWEILER
Subject: [Ltib] Setting new package options and dependencies
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:45:22 +0200

Hi Stuart,

My port of webcam-tools is finished. It includes slight modifications to support ARM specific data alignment. I turned it into a rpm package and the whole rpm process works fine:
- prep
- scbuild
- scinstall
- scdeploy

Since it is an ARM specific package (I cannot maintain it for several platforms since I only own i.MX25 Freescale 3-stack boards), I decided this would really become an ARM-specific package. I do not have the pretention of maintining it for all platforms supported by LTIB.

I have several questions regarding how to integrate it into LTIB.

Q1: I tried to get it included into my LTIB system to have it as a selectable package through the user interface. I modified packages.lkc as explained in the LTIB faq and added an entry in pkg_map. No way, I cannot see it it in the LTIB interface. Is there something I missed ?

Q2: I would like to specify that this package depends on:
- ARM arch
- V4Linux
- UVC
- udev

should be something like "depends xxxx & depends yyyy & depends zzzzz" but I am not sure.

In my LTIB, there is an iMX specific set of packages which are specific to the 3-stack evalbord. I think I should make my package appear in this group since it is ARM specific and tested only on iMX Freescale board.

How can I set this ?

Regards,
Franz