lwip-users

[lwip-users] curious large packets and transmit stuck

From: Andre Puschmann
Subject: [lwip-users] curious large packets and transmit stuck
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:06:17 +0100

hello guys,
i did a port of lwip to our custom mpc5200 board.
transmission runs quite fast so far, but i still have stability problems.
i am not sure if this is a lwip related problem or if it comes from
lower levels, e.g. fec driver, interrupt handling or even dma problems.

with my lwip app i constantly transmit 1000Byte long packets. this
works quite well up to a certain point. sometimes i even transmit 3GB of
data until it starts to stuck, but sometimes it hangs after 10MB.

in my ethernet transmit function i did some sanity checks, doing so
showed up that lwip sometimes tries to transmit packets larger than
1300Byte which shouldn't be the case.

i am not sure where this behavior comes from i already did a lot of
research but nothing brought any improvement.

anybody already had similar problems or just got a tip where to do some
more research.

thank you very much in advance.

best regards,

andre