lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Default lwipopts

From: Bernhard Poess
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Default lwipopts
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:12:13 +0100

Did you guys follow up on that ?

-Bernhard

On 1/17/07, Pettinato, Jim <address@hidden> wrote:
Kieran,

I agree that changing the defaults to be more generally applicable is
probably a good idea(even most small embedded systems are seeing more
RAM/ROM available these days).

Perhaps rather than a separate file, maybe it would be less invasive and
clearer to new users if we were to add a TINY_FOOTPRINT switch to the
existing file that would define the current minimum (conservative)
setting defaults?

i.e.
----------------------------
#undef TINY_FOOTPRINT  // DEFINE for very resource-limited targets

#ifdef TINY_FOOTPRINT
.
(old values here)
.
#else
.
(more reasonable default values here)
.
#endif

Just my initial thoughts... criticism and better ideas are encouraged.

- Jim