lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwip (unix port) gets stuck in long transmission

From: Dilip
Subject: [lwip-users] lwip (unix port) gets stuck in long transmission
Date: 27 Apr 2007 06:18:25 -0000

Hi all !

I am using lwip unix port 1.1 on Linux (2.4.20) on pentium CPU machine.
I an using sequential api and TAP/TUN. I am having some stability problem.

The stack runs fine for transmitting small amounts of data. Sometimes I am even able to transmit data continuously in GBs in one run. However, it eventually gets stuck, usually after transmitting continuously over 100 MB of data and sometimes even earlier. It gets stuck even earlier with debug traces switched on.

On analysing the debug traces I found that some of the threads (not necessarily the same thread each time but usually the output) get blocked forever.

It appears to be a locking or thread race issue to me. But I have no clue about how to tackle this issue. I would like to know if somebody has encountered such kind of problem before. Any help or hint, specially from the experienced users would be highly appreciated. I am attaching lwipopts.h for reference.

Thanks in advance

Dilip

unlimited storage