lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP, PPP, DNS

From: yueyue papa
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP, PPP, DNS
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:16:35 +0800

Hi All,

I have some questions lwIPs. My embeded system do not has LAN inteface, and I only use PPP on GPRS to get network environement.

I found dns_init will be called before netif ready? (there is UDP bind in dns init)

1> if network is not ready, will this bind cause crash?

PPP will get the two DNS server in negotiate,
2> how could I set the two new DNS server to the system?
     I tried dns_setserver(...), in PPP callback.

My lwIP and PPP porting code are working in the windows environment, but current code meet crash in our embeded device.

Our device is bigendian, and I already redefine the BYTEORDER in cc.h

3> Is there any other suggestion for my crash possibity. ?
    Our system is unable to make debug, so I could only read the log.

My test is
1   If I enable dns_init, in lwip_init, the crash is caused in dns_init.
     so I think the crash may caused by udp binded in the unavaiable network interface.
2.  if i remove teh dns_init in the lwip_init, the ppp negotiate happend.
     The two DNS IP address is goted, but crashed in sigup.  May be in network inteface APIs. (remove)

The crash stops me these days.

lee