lwip-users

[lwip-users] socket functionality - nonblocking?

From: Micael
Subject: [lwip-users] socket functionality - nonblocking?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:52:02 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,
this is my first post to this list. :)

I am trying to understand what separates lwip from the full BSD socket
interface in order to see if I can use lwip in my new project as I would
like. I have previously used interniche stack but if remotely possible,
I'd like to switch to an open solution this time.

I could not find such information anywhere, but some fragments from this
list, and also by looking into the code (which I have not dug too deep
into yet).

Basically, I need non-blocking connect, recv, select and listen.

>From what I gather from various posts on this list, connect() maybe does
not do non-blocking, and I therefore assume that maybe recv doesn't
either. This part is a bit hard to read out from the code, being new to
this stack.

However, looking into the code, afaics, select() does seem tom support
non-blocking and timed blocking, so I thought that I should ask just to
make sure that I got it right.

thanks,
 - Micael