lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Thread awareness

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Thread awareness
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:05:58 +0100

Jonathan Larmour wrote:
Kieran Mansley wrote:
1. Can I, for instance, have multiple threads managing their own sockets?
i.e. can I do a http server as a thread, creating/using/closing while I
have another thread doing similar stuff on another port?

2. I guess that each socket in it self is not threadsafe; i.e. I cannot
create a listen thread, and another writing thread using the same socket.
( this would surprise me, but I thought I should ask ;-) )
2 definitely won't work.  1 might work.  Safest would be to direct all
socket access through a single thread.

I think if 1 didn't work we'd call that a bug which needs to be fixed.

Yep, 1 defintively works or we could have only one socket-thread at a time, which is not the case.

Simon