lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV I have a dream... (no, not THAT dream...)

From: DR. JUAN-CARLOS LERMAN
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV I have a dream... (no, not THAT dream...)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 06:42:04 -0700 (MST)

address@hidden had an early morning dream:

>This morning I was just thinking how nice it would be when visiting
>a WWW page if with a single keystroke I could:
>
>o  submit the current URL to a WWW validation and style 'judging' service
>o  have the results mailed to the current URLs contact or webmaster, with
>       me getting a courtesy cc

 and with two keystrokes you could fill-in one of these and other options?

 o  boxes to fill-in:         [ ] praises to the page author
                              [ ] congratulating the webmaster
                              [ ] suggestions for page improvements
                              [ ] statement about non-Lynx friendliness
                              [ ] notifying a last attempt to read
                                  such an extremely non-complying page
                              [ ] .......
                              [ ] .........

>I would be much more likely to go thru the effort if it could somehow
>       be 'macroized' into a keystroke.

As the "Subject:" field labeled this thread as a "dream", perhaps further
suggestions for the  "[ ] ......"  fields should go to the Usenet group:

alt.dreams.lynx.education-campaign-for-compliance

>At one point I recall someone's service having the option of validating
>the URL that the user just left.  I just don't recall whose service it
>was.
>
>--
>Larry W. Virden                 INET: address@hidden
><URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."
>Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should
>be construed as representing my employer's opinions.

J.-C. (address@hidden)

;
;