lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Some things I'd like in the next Lynx package.

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV Some things I'd like in the next Lynx package.
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 16:59:26 -0800 (PST)

I think I've brought at least one of these up before, but there are two
things I think would be nice to have in the next Lynx distribution.

1. Some means to have the person making Lynx agree/not agree to having
their address subscribed to a Lynx-new-releases-list.

2. Having 'make install' install the lynx_help heirarchy as well.  I
realize this might be problematic since it would mean getting the path
right in both userdefs.h and lynx.cfg (perhaps a command line option
could over-ride the default lynx_help location?).  It could also be
problematic for sites running more than one version of Lynx.  But it would
be nice to have help installed by default (though the k'eymap page
suffices for basic help, the entire help heirarchy is a good thing to
have).

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.7  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
Furbling, v.:
        Having to wander through a maze of ropes at an airport or bank
even when you are the only person in line.
                -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"

;
;