From: bell
Subject: LYNX-DEV
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 97 14:55:11 PST

I want to use the port of Lynx for DOS386 over a dialup.  I use 'real'
Lynx at work on a SPARC, this new DOS port with a direct connection at
work, but when I try to use it at home it takes a long time to find any
page, then, after spending a couple of minutes connecting, returns
'Unexpected network write error; connection aborted.'  This happens with
any page:  mine, work, altavista...  I use the same packet driver setup
successfully with DOSLynx, NetTamer, and Minuet at home.  I have 'enough
computer':  Pentium, 32mb RAM, 28.8 modem, I think.

Has anyone a success story to report?

thanks, russell bell