Re: LYNX-DEV How do I get https to work?

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How do I get https to work?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 11:05:32 -0400

> Due to the ITAR (now EAR?) regulations, Lynx cannot have SSL code built
> into it without getting an export license.  Needless to say, its highly
> improbable that a license could be obtained.

The improbability, for those just tuning in, is because of lynx's distribution
in source format.

For a company distributing lynx in binary form, with the appropriate amount of
headaches and paper work, the same opportunties as Secure
Mosaic, Internet Explorer and Navigator probably exist.
<URL:> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."