lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV minor display problem (?character 0xA2?)

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV minor display problem (?character 0xA2?)
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 15:56:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Bela Lubkin wrote:

>   | link1-win | link2-koi | link3-dos | link4-iso
>
> But when I move the cursor forward to link4, the highlighted "current
> link" displays in the same position as in older versions:
>
>   | link1-win | link2-koi | link3-dos | lilink4-iso
>                                           ^^^^^^^^^
> I can correct the problem by replacing the single occurrence of
> character 0xA2 (in link3) with another character.

The same behaviour can be seen on some Windows-1250 pages, for example
http://manes.vse.cz/~xvacm01/tail.html, the first "Windows" link.  (I use
ISO-8859-2 display, latest development code on Linux console.)

> An hour later: it's because character 0xA2 is eventually being
> translated to 0x9b on output.  The SCO ANSI console takes 0x9b as CSI,
> Control Sequence Initiator, same as ESC [.  This is pretty standard
> behavior for ANSI terminals of various sorts.  Not sure what can be done
> about it.

On the page above it's the Windows-1250 "z with caron" character (0x9e) in
a previous link's ALT.

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden