lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV updates

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV updates
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 23:19:21 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, to prove I'm crazy, I have updated my patches one last time.
This time I applied them to both ac-0.23 and fotemods.  (It didn't really
take *that* long.  The patches are pretty small -- and pretty stable too,
in case anyone gets the idea to look at them.)
Those of us who have been using them have gotten used to them, and
miss them when running the regular version.

You can download them at
        http://www.intac.com/~leaves/
Since the features I need from your code are pretty much working now in both
versions, this may be the last time I upgrade on either code base (unless
there's a good reason to do so).

Some notes:
I noticed the following:
I grabbed a copy of the devel code, built it, then applied
patches and built that.  It didn't work.  I then typed "make clean"
and built it from scratch.  It worked fine.  This has happened before.
Perhaps the makefile dependencies need updates.

(I should mention that the same thing happened with fotemods.)

Also, I noticed when building the devel code on sun4, the link line read
        cc ...lost_of_dot_os... -lslang -L/u/l/leaves/slang/lib ...
Somehow it linked ok anyway, but I'm wondering if the -L option should appear
before -lslang.  (The makefile looks like it should be doing that already,
but  the actual link line was like the above.)

THought I'd mention it.
--le

;
;