lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 06:17:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:48:57 -0500
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/
>
> I cant find the lynx.cfg file.. I feel rather silly about it, but.... could
> someone tell me where this thing is? what I'm trying to do is give telnet
> access to the browser, but it would be nice, if, erm, people couldnt do
> things such at FTP, printing, d
isk save, exec commands, etc....
> thanks!

In /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg, /etc/lynx.cfg, or wherever it has been put by
whoever installed your Lynx.  There must be one, otherwise Lynx would
complain and exit.

The first thing you should do is restrict people from sending mail
with a bogus return address like "address@hidden".  'Coz if you
don't, they may never see the answers to their questions...

If you are concerned about restricting users, you should get a newer
code set from <http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/> or
<http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/>.

      Klaus

;