Re: LYNX-DEV Configure patch for SCO

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Configure patch for SCO
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 21:45:10 -0400 (EDT)

> What that seems to me is contrary to the way almost any other public-domain
> program is distributed.  Elm, mutt, pine, wu-ftpd, less, gcc, groff, xv,
> ghostscript, inn, mawk, -- I could go on--, all of them unpack each new
> version into a directory whose name clearly reflects the new version number.
true - but those are _release_ versions (both Klaus & Fote seem to prefer
this approach).  I build directories with names that correspond to versions
myself - since it makes generating patches more reliable -- but use my
directory editor.  If one's using shell/command line tools, one tends to
use simpler approaches...

> Jean-Pierre Radley   address@hidden   XC/XT Custodian   Sysop, CompuServe
> SCOForum

Thomas E. Dickey