lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx and SSL-encrypting

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and SSL-encrypting
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:09:47 -0500 (EST)

(I have Cc'd the original poster)

> Is there support for SSL-encrypting in the newest release of Lynx, or
> are there plans to include such support in a near future? -- My bank
> connection now requires a web-browser with support for SSL...

No, due to the international political climate it is not expected that lynx
will be bundled with such support in the near future.  However, if you
check the <URL: http://lynx.browsers.org/> web site, you will find
details on how to enable SSL yourself.

Perhaps someone will provide a more specific URL to the page in question.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>