lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx interprets <a/> as </a>?

From: Marco De la Cruz
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx interprets <a/> as </a>?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 13:39:34 -0500

> they had put some comment:
>
> <!-- some comment --!>
>
> and Lynx did _not_ assume the tag to be closed (it
> still doesn't, AFAICT). The end result was that email

> This *is* a bug in Lynx if it occurs in the strict SGML parsing mode for
> comments.  HTML comments are really null SGML declarations containing

Well, I'm not sure Lynx has this. At least switching between
"TagSoup" and "SortaSGML" doesn't make any difference, but then
neither of these seem to be the strict SGML parsing you
mention.

> Lynx has various alternative comment parsing modes because of the abuse
> of this syntax in the past, and in some of these it might insist on
> having -->.

The current modes apparently require the --> closing, unless
I'm missing something...? (Lynx 2.8.2. rel. 1)

Cheers,

address@hidden
Gunnm: Broken Angel
http://128.100.80.13/marco/alita.html