lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 17:51:04 +0900

Hi all,

I have some questions which, I guess, are not so important.

From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:06:57 -0500 (CDT)

> So, here is a concrete proposal, in the form of a draft for a lynx.cfg

When lynx sets CHARACTER_SET and/or PREFERRED_LANGUAGE automatically,
can a user check what values are effective right now by, for example,
'O'ption menu?

> 4) The ( [locale name] -> ) [language tag] -> PREFERRED_LANGUAGE
>    mapping should probably look similar to
>        ( ja_JP.*       -> )    ja           ->   ja, en;q=0.9, *;q=0.5
>        ( ja_JP.*       -> )    ja           ->   ja, *;q=0.5
>    I prefer the second; there shouldnt really be a need to give English
>    a special role.

I think English is generally a good enough for second candidate
for PREFERRED_LANGUAGE.