Re: Shell (was: Re: lynx-dev More discussion about javascript)

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: Shell (was: Re: lynx-dev More discussion about javascript)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:08:08 +0500 (SAMST)

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, A. R. Vener wrote:

> Check out and

 As for - it looks like something unrelated to shell accounts.
 As for shell account - I found to be rather good shell account
provider. Here are the terms:

SDF users who belong to the ARPA group benefit from the following:

 . Use of ARPA utilities (ssh/telnet/ftp/irc/tf/lynx/nslookup/rlogin)
 . Access to USENET News (trn/nn/tin)
 . Use of System Development Kit (gcc/g++/gccx/f77/lisp)
 . 60 MegaByte disk quota

You can become a LIFETIME member of the ARPA group by sending a
contribution of $36 (or more!) to SDF.  NON-US Residents can join
ARPA too, just send the amount via International Money Order.

If you don't want to become a member, pine+mutt+emacs+ksh+bash+perl are

> Also, for free network access I use from my
> Linux box. I did need someone with a Win95 PC to register
> mmy login and password, but the registration process
> provided two local phone numbers, two DNS addresses and
> modification of the ppp scripts was trivial.
> Rudy

 Best regards,