lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev base href -- how generated by Lynx?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev base href -- how generated by Lynx?
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 13:13:03 -0500

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 12:49:40PM -0500, William December Starr wrote:

> Does anyone have an answer to my original question, i.e., which
> version of Lynx -- 2.7.1 or 2.8.4rel.1 -- is (well, now it's 'was')
> producing the correct default base href?  (And why?)

that I'm not sure of.  Seeing how the content location was (mis)handled, I
thought it was that lynx is paying attention to this while some other browsers
are not.  (I saved the trace anyway, to help in constructing a comparable test
page).  The earlier discussion on content location focused on the fact that
the data given by the server was incorrect.

If lynx's correct but we need a workaround, it might be suitable to add an
options checkbox item to disable using content location.

(I'm working on xterm right now, but expect to return to lynx in a few days).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net