lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 23:46:51 +0400 (MSD)

13-Apr-2003 11:27 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 08:41:42AM -0600, Pat Walsh wrote:
>>
>> When returning from a lynxprog:less file, text from that file
>> remains interspersed with the text from the lynx displayed doc,
>> the screen has to be refreshed (^L) to display only the lynx doc.

> hmm - I haven't done much with lynxprog (but LP noted that I broke it in one
> place - encoding of blanks in the jump table - which is what I was just
> starting to fix this morning).  I'll make a note & see if I can repeat this

A technical note to Tom.
I think a good place to solve the problem with blanks is in
LYLegitimizeHREF(), by moving is_url() call up to the top and work around
different schemes explicitly (LYNXPROG_URL_TYPE, ... FILE_URL_TYPE), and
remove space escaping code from HTParse().  The only place where the url is
not passed through LYLegitimizeHREF() is LYEnsureAlsoluteURL().  The third
place may be somethere in HTTP redirect code, at least in theory.