lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Upgrading SSL versions

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Upgrading SSL versions
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:20:45 -0400

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 02:54:48PM -0700, Alder wrote:
> Thanks, Thomas.
>
> You'll have to dumb down your answer a bit more, perhaps. :-)  I can see
> in BUILD.COM where I might add link options, but am clueless on what to
> specify in order to link only against the new SSL libraries.

ok.  Reading the script, I can see that of 3 parts, build.com checks for
the existence of 2 and asks if you want to rebuild them:

        a) the library under [.www.library...]
        b) the header files under [.src.chrtrans]

The objects under [.src] are recompiled unconditionally (the third part).  I
haven't done much to this script, but it could be modified to do a similar
check for the third part.  That may be what you're referring to.  But it
only offers to skip the first two parts if you're running interactively.
If run in batch mode, it always updates:

        $   If f$mode() .eqs. "BATCH"
        $   Then
        $       write sys$output "  Updating WWWLib_''option'.olb"
        $   Else

that could be changed to

        $   If f$mode() .eqs. "BATCH"
        $   Then
        $       write sys$output "  Retaining WWWLib_''option'.olb"
        $       goto Compile_CHRTRANS
        $   Else

The mms (descrip.mms) files don't mention openssl, so I think you're
referring to the build.com file.

> Thanks for your patience.
> Alder
>
> Thomas Dickey wrote:
> >On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 01:11:41PM -0700, Alder wrote:
> >
> >>Just a curious user here.  I'd like to keep my LYnx browser up-to-date
> >>with the latest OpenSSL kits as they come out, and was wondering if
> >>there is an alternative to building the entire LYnx package each time.
> >

> >As I read the build.com script, it appears that if you don't remove the
> >build-tree, then you can run it to simply re-link the application.
> >

> >>I run LYnx on OpenVMS and have DEC C 6.5-001 and MadGoat's MMK on board.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Alder

Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net