lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese letters vanish sometimes

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese letters vanish sometimes
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 22:55:32 +0900

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 07:16:39PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> it whine :) All I want is a way to make an OS utf-8 capable
> without NLS or LOCALE or I18N support...)

Solaris maybe?

This may or may not be off topic, but it struck a bell when I saw the
word "vanish".  The only program I've compiled against libncursesw is
nvi with "itojun"'s internationalization patch.  (Sorry, still struggling
to catch up with Lynx development which is compiled with slang.)

Anyway, if I do a cut-n-paste from one TeraTerm emulation into another
when editing in nvi, whole lines will be blank, pretty much at random.
It doesn't have to be Japanese either.  If I push ^L, then the lines will
fill in.  Very weird.

Unfortunately, EVERYTHING is new on this setup, including TeraTerm which
I now use with the Japanese NLS version, so I don't know where to start
with debugging.

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999