lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] unpacked directory name

From: Stefan Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] unpacked directory name
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 22:55:02 -0400

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Halász Sándor Viktor <address@hidden> wrote:
> To each his own.  I always create a new directory having the revision
> name and unpack there.  I do the unpack, configure, and build with
> scripts which I would otherwise have to edit with each revision.
> <<<<<<<<
> I am paranoid enough thus or likewise to ensure that the new that I download
> never overwrites the old.

I don't like this idea. The last time I did not mention anything about
this kind of change /usr/local/lib got changed to /usr/local/etc for
lynx.cfg, so I would rather not see anything different. To me, this
would create all kinds of directories I don't want. All of the old
versions are available if they are needed. Changing this alters one of
the earliest steps in an upgrade. Since the development version is
inevitably the best version available, always recommended for any fix,
and is always rock solid, keeping the directory named for the major
version number makes sense.

--
Stefan

---