[Lynx-dev] Auto-session trouble.

From: Patrick
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Auto-session trouble.
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 00:30:27 -0700

Hi.  :-)

Maybe you already know about this.  After all it is a new
feature, so maybe what I'm seeing here is just a rough draft,
tossed in for testing purposes.  In any case I seem to be testing

The feature itself works just fine.  Lynx saves and restores
sessions, writes to and reads from the file without any trouble.
It's only some of the `supporting framework' for this feature
that's lacking.

Tilde expansion doesn't work for SESSION_FILE in lynx.cfg , so
this fails;

but this works;

Anyway it does work for me, because I'm really the only user here,
but wouldn't for multiple users.  I don't think anyone wants a
global sessions file.

Also, I can't change the setting in ~/.lynxrc .  These lines in
lynx.cfg have no effect, at present;

I still see;
                          Save options to disk: [X]
                 (options marked with (!) will not be saved)
  Auto Session (!)                 : [ON_]
  Session file (!)                 : /home/moi/.lynx/session____________________

on the options page.

Still, it looks like a good idea, and should be very useful once
the details get worked out.  :-)  It should already be useful to
some, if in a limited way.

Thanks again,

The only really good reason I can think to not release specs is
embarrassment on just how crappy some hardware out there is, or
just how buggy it is.
                -- Chris Wedgwood <address@hidden>