lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Re: progress on dev.10

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: progress on dev.10
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 04:51:34 -0300 (BRST)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, Thomas Dickey wrote:

I made two small fixes, and it seems to work now.

        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx2.8.7dev.9k.patch.gz

Thanks. Everything is working, except that I use ISO-8859-1 and some pages don't display accents anymore. An example is http://vascoexpresso.net/

Bad: Johnny enumera as suas caractersticas
Good: Johnny enumera as suas características

I don't think I tested it with 9j, but it works with dev.9.

Browsing around the page, I see a pre-existing problem with this url:

        http://www.lance.com.br/blogs_colunistas/bcolina/default.asp

The header says it's gzip, but the content doesn't appear to be that.
(Have we discussed this one before? - I recall a case like it - it works
with Content-Encoding set to "deflate").

I don't remember, but reported one or two things related to compression, that you fixed.