Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Rendering failure for job 5109

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Rendering failure for job 5109
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:37:40 +0100

Hello,

Le Sun, 3 Jan 2010 12:40:01 +0000,
Emilie Laffray <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I don't have the data so I can't confirm the reason, but it could be
> that the polygon used has an invalid geometry. There are cases where
> osm2pgsql is generating invalid geometries for polygons (due to the
> raw data being wrong). The rendering is not as sensitive to the issue
> but some postgis queries are.
> One quick test to test this is to look at ST_IsValid on the polygon
> that is creating problems.

For Chambéry:

maposmatic2=> select st_isvalid(way) from planet_osm_polygon where
osm_id=-74386;
 st_isvalid
------------
(1 row)

For Saint-Martin-d'Hères:

maposmatic2=> select st_isvalid(way) from planet_osm_polygon where
osm_id=-80349;
 st_isvalid
(1 row)

So it seems like the polygon is valid, isn't it ?

Any other idea ? :-)

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                         http://thomas.enix.org