Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Outstanding points before releasing MapOSMatic

From: Étienne Loks
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Outstanding points before releasing MapOSMatic
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:38:56 +0200

Hello,

On 10/04/2012 23:45, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
  * The automated updates of the planet database have stopped, and we
    don't know how to start them again. We have hit the period during
    which the OSM database was read-only and things seem to have changed
    with regard to the upgrade process. So our replication lag is
    growing again, and we don't know how to fix it, see
    http://stats.maposmatic.org/r2d2/browse/gcc20.fsffrance.org/replication/.
    Maxime and I will try to send an e-mail to the OSM community
    tomorrow to have some feedback on this.

The OSM database is currently removing all the CC-by-SA data not converted to the new licence. It was planned to not give diffs during this period but to respond to a community request a temporary diff repository has been set: http://planet.openstreetmap.org/redaction-period/

More information on http://blog.osmfoundation.org/2012/04/04/api-read-write-returns/ (the new repository will be announced on this blog).

Best regards,

--
Étienne Loks