Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Use simple language codes when country specificatio

From: Guttorm Flatabø
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Use simple language codes when country specification isn't necessary
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:50:18 +0100

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Hakan Tandogan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Guttorm,

Right now I see:
tr_TR =>  tr

And we need to double check this, I am fearing side effects difficult to test.

>From my point of view, Turkey is all right.

I'm not sure if you meant that the proposed change is all right, or that how it is is all right. However, Turkish is spoken in many other countries than Turkey, and I assume that the Turkish language used in ocitysmap is not some special "Turkey" variant; it should therefore be uneccesary to use the "Turkish_Turkey" language code instead of simply the "Turkish" language code.

--
Guttorm