Re: [Maposmatic-dev] License update not included in maposmatic messages

From: Guttorm Flatabø
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] License update not included in maposmatic messages
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:46:12 +0100

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Maxime Petazzoni <address@hidden> wrote:
> I just translated the ocitysmap copyright messages on Transifex and noticed
> that they still use cc-by-sa and not ODbL. As we're using an ODbL database
> the copyright messages should be changed now.

Yeah we're aware of this. Do you think you can put a patch together
about this? There are a few places where we refer to the OSM data being
cc-by-sa I think.

So, I've set up git-send-email and sent in my first patches including a spelling mistake I found.

I found four files in ocitysmap, but not in the maposmatic repository when searching "cc-by-sa" or "contributors".

One of the files is "support/bounding-box-debug.html" which mentiones Cloudmade, didn't touch that.

I've made as close to what is recommended on osm.org/copyright as possible, including the removal of year. Year should be redundant anyway, considering that you mention the datestamp of the osm data.

I've also committed two bug reports about what I found when doing the changes: "Is it meaningful to add MapOSMatic copyright on maps?" and "Copyright notices should include tile copyright".

--
Guttorm