microdc-devel

Re: [microdc-devel] Sharing bug

From: Dean Hamstead
Subject: Re: [microdc-devel] Sharing bug
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:10:52 +1100

run microdc2
then use "share /whatever/"
ie

microdc2<enter>
share /home/me/MyMovies
share /home/me/SomeOther

you may also want to edit ~/.microdc2/config and put commands to set up microdc2 on start up
ie

address@hidden ~/.microdc2]# cat ~/.microdc2/config
set listenport 10101
set nick fragfest.com.au
set email address@hidden
set description "dont ask for slots"
set speed LAN
set active 1
set slots 5
connect 172.29.0.1

will set up listening port of 10101
nick of fragfest.com.au
email...
description...
speed (which is just a string)
slots set slots
then connects to 172.29.0.1

Dean

Matej Kurpel wrote:
Hi all,
I don't know if this project is still alive, but at least I can try reporting a bug. I like microdc2 a lot but I am unable to share. After issuing a command "set sharedir /path/to/files/i/want/to/share" it says it does not know a variable "sharedir". I found out it is commented out in the variables.c file. So I tried uncommenting it and recompiling, but I got many errors after a while. My question is - how do I set a share directory then? I need to access a hub with minimum share requirements. I guess this is a bug, or, some not-yet-finished feature...?
Thank you for your kind response,

M. Kurpel