Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gd: define required for static linking (NONDL

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gd: define required for static linking (NONDLL)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:43:16 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I've attached a simple test program that I modified from one of the
> examples.

Thanks! I just included it.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/0456ad3c273b

However, is it possible to rewrite that test program so that
it doesn't actually create the PNG file?

I mean, we just need to play with the API and check error codes.

If the "gdImagePng(im, fp)" is really needed, could we delete
that image file afterwards? (A test script should always tidy
up its stuff.)

> On 16 June 2010 18:06, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Does "gdlib-config --libs" (or similar) return the complete set
> > of libraries required to link to gd statically? If not, we should
> > provide a way without the "-DNONDLL" option, i.e. performing the
> > mentioned $(SED) hack instead of manipulating gdlib-config.
>
> There's already a $(SED) hack for gdlib-config.in and almost does the
> right thing, it's missing -lgd :
>
> $ usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/gdlib-config --cflags --libs
> -I/Users/tonytheodore/dev/mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/include -DNONDLL
> -ljpeg -lfreetype -lpng -lz
> -L/Users/tonytheodore/dev/mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib
> -lxml2 -lz -liconv -lws2_32

Do you see a simple way to fix that? Maybe by providing another
patch that fixes the gdlib-config.in in the first place?

Is it possible to simplify the test build command to:

    '$(TARGET)-gcc' \
        -W -Wall -Werror -ansi -pedantic \
        '$(2).c' -o '$(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)/bin/test-gd.exe' \
        `'$(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)/bin/gdlib-config' --cflags --libs` \

?

(Note that adding "-DNONDLL" should _not_ happen in that patch.
 We should either leave that as a $(SED) action, or perform that
 change in another separate patch.)

Greets,
Volker

--