Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.16

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.16
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 03:13:13 +0200

Gregory Smith <address@hidden> schrieb:
> lame fails to build for me on 32-bit Fedora 13. Initially it fails here:
>
> configure: error: CHECK_TYPE_uint32_t - please report to
> address@hidden
>
> because it was configured with an old autoconf:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01760.html
>
> So, I added autoreconf to the build script, which forces an (IMO
> unacceptable) native dependency on GTK for the m4 macros. Unfortunately,
> the build now fails in the compile stage:

Could you try calling simply "autoconf" instead of "autoreconf"?

To everyone else: Are we able to fix that directly within the
"./configure" file, as a patch, until the lame project uses a
more recent Autoconf?

> ../libtool: line 863: X--tag=CC: command not found
> ../libtool: line 896: libtool: ignoring unknown tag : command not found
> ../libtool: line 863: X--mode=compile: command not found
> ../libtool: line 1030: *** Warning: inferring the mode of operation is
> deprecat\
> ed.: command not found
> ../libtool: line 1031: *** Future versions of Libtool will require
> --mode=MODE \
> be specified.: command not found
> ../libtool: line 1174: Xi686-pc-mingw32-gcc: command not found
> ../libtool: line 1174: X-DHAVE_CONFIG_H: command not found
> ../libtool: line 1174: X-I.: command not found
>
> And so forth, lots of extra X's. I don't intend to look into this
> further, because I don't use lame, but I wanted to report it. I will be
> happy to test any patches.

The "X"es are really strange. Would you mind sending your log/lame
file to the list? (please compress with gzip oder better bzip2 before
sending)

Greets,
Volker

--