Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Checksum errors (SDL2* and CFITSIO)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Checksum errors (SDL2* and CFITSIO)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 19:03:18 +1000

On 09/08/2013, at 11:01 PM, Michael McGarrah <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here is my quick list of what I've encountered so far in trying to build from
> master. I've never used MXE but interested in building the shogun-toolbox for
> machine learning in a windows cross compiled environment.

Looks like an interesting project - one day, I'd like to explore the various
machine learning toolkits. I notice they've recently switched to a cmake-based
build system, so you may be better off experimenting with the development
version.

> I've not updated the source since yesterday.

Those checksum errors have since been fixed - it's usually a sign of a
corrupted download, but some projects think it's a good idea to re-release a
package without incrementing version numbers.

If you haven't made any other changes:

git checkout -- .
git pull

will undo your local changes and bring you up to date.

> I'm still relatively new to GIT but will try to produce some diff's or
> whatever it is that git produces for sharing updates.

Github pull requests are the preferred option.

> address@hidden:~/mxe$ make --jobs=4 JOBS=2 MXE_TARGETS='x86_64-w64-mingw32
> i686-w64-mingw32'

That will take a long time to build all of mxe, it may be better to start with
just the packages you need:

make blas eigen hdf5 lapack ...

> Error on cfitsio package checksum during the download and build phase
> address@hidden:~/mxe$ openssl sha1
> '/home/mmcgarrah/mxe/pkg/cfitsio3350.tar.gz' 2>/dev/null | sed -n

You can also run:

make update-checksum-cfitsio

To re-download the package and fix these kind of errors (if you're sure it's
not an actual download issue)

Cheers,

Tony