Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] new package - soci

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] new package - soci
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 16:38:25 +1100

On 22 Dec 2013, at 11:17, Michael Surette <address@hidden> wrote:

> From http://soci.sf.net
> SOCI is a database access library for C++ that makes the illusion of
> embedding SQL queries in the regular C++ code, staying entirely within the
> Standard C++.
>
> It is released under the Boost license.
>
> This package works as is, but I would like to add postgresql support.
> Unfortunately when I try it bombs with the error message "fatal error:
> libpq/libpq-fs.h: No such file or directory"
>
> Sure enough, that file is not installed by the postgresql package.

Hi Michael,

Postgresql will now install the additional libpq headers:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/69eefd6a8914eee482f478884c5e821d6bdb2843

and the soci package builds successfully with these cmake options:

        -DSOCI_POSTGRESQL=ON \
        -DCMAKE_CXX_STANDARD_LIBRARIES="-lsecur32 `'$(TARGET)-pkg-config'
openssl --libs`” \

However, I don’t think “CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD_LIBRARIES” is the right way to add
extra libs, and am not familiar enough with cmake to find a better way. Also,
there doesn’t seem to be a way to disable shared builds.

Cheers,

Tony