Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Windows platform plugin location

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Windows platform plugin location
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 22:21:29 +0100

> 1. Should that platform library path be output by ${host}-pkg-config
> --libs? If so for which package?
> 2. How do I determine automatically which additional libraries I need to
> link against for that platform library? Preferably via ${host}-pkg-config.
>
> If you agree that this should be improved from MXE's side then I'm willing
> to develop patches to MXE's Qt5 installation routines.

Hi Moritz,

I'm afraid I don't have much more to offer than a few hints.

As far as I know, the Qt build system does not generate .pc files covering
static plugins, and plugins are not mentioned in other .pc files as
dependencies.. Qt does have generated .prl files which play a similar role for
qmake so you might be able to extract some of the information you need from
these.

This is a general problem for anyone using static Qt libraries without qmake,
not specific to MXE. I suppose the "correct" solution would be a change to Qt's
build system to make it generate these .pc files. I don't know how feasible
that is. It would be a bit of shame to do lot of work to fix this in MXE if it
could be fixed in the Qt build system itself.

Mark