Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Windows platform plugin location

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Windows platform plugin location
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 15:19:07 +1100

On 21 Jan 2014, at 08:21, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:

>> 1. Should that platform library path be output by ${host}-pkg-config
>> --libs? If so for which package?
>> 2. How do I determine automatically which additional libraries I need to
>> link against for that platform library? Preferably via ${host}-pkg-config.
>>
>> If you agree that this should be improved from MXE's side then I'm willing
>> to develop patches to MXE's Qt5 installation routines.
>
> Hi Moritz,
>
> I'm afraid I don't have much more to offer than a few hints.
>
> As far as I know, the Qt build system does not generate .pc files covering
> static plugins, and plugins are not mentioned in other .pc files as
> dependencies..

Somewhat related, the previous workaround of copying the generated *.pc files
to the standard pkg-config search path would have only worked for qtbase so
I’ve added the qt5 install dir to PKG_CONFIG_PATH instead:

        https://github.com/mxe/mxe/compare/1bc3ef2...c832641

There is a Qt5PlatformSupport.pc file that seems like a good place for
additional “-L” paths.

The generated *.pc files of the other qt5 packages have the same issue of a
debug suffix:

though the workaround of calling qmake as:

        QMAKE="$(1)/bin/qmake CONFIG-='debug debug_and_release’"

isn’t ideal. This does seem to be something that is best addressed upstream,
but I can’t really see how the *.pc files are created.

Cheers,

Tony