Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git?

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:12:12 -0700

> From: address@hidden (Matt Birkholz)
> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:08:59 -0700
> [...]
> DO NOT USE except for evaluation purposes.  I may want to toss it and
> start again, depending on your feedback.  The reason: I flattened the
> directory structure in CVS somewhat.

Oh nevermind.  A large number of files are missing.
git-cvsimport/cvsps must be dropping a LOT of revisions!  The
grumbling about

    WARNING: revision ... on unnamed branch

    Argument "6521 FNK_SHOW_ALL" isn't numeric ...

in my logs is apparently a show-stopper, if not a program stopper.
This must be the "heuristics" problem Chris mentioned.  The
inaccessible revisions were just a red herring.  I can patch the
second hiccup and try again tonight, but...

This Gordian Knot is just axing for an axing.  I am replacing the
repo. at

with one that simply tracks CVS HEAD, committing daily at Zero hundred
Zulu.  I am still using the squashed directory layout and including

History is dust.