mit-scheme-devel

Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git?

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git?
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 12:13:28 -0700

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Matt Birkholz
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I think we should jump to git and mothball the CVS repo., and put a
> big blinking sign on it that says "use at your own risk", "for patent
> lawyers only", or somesuch. :-)

I agree, more or less, but I'd still like to preserve as much history
as possible in git.

Earlier this week, I did some work on a Scheme program to convert the
rcs files over.  I managed to work around a bunch of the problems;
some of the older blobs are incorrect, but they are generated without
errors.  The program needs a bit more work, but I should be able to
get a full conversion out of it.

Thanks for your work and analysis Matt.