Re: [Mldonkey-users] OCaml patch / Debian packages / etc

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] OCaml patch / Debian packages / etc
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 00:27:00 +0200 (CEST)

Two remarks:

- The patch is really simple, it doesn't change the behavior of the
Ocaml compiler when this compiler is called without the options added
by the patch. This can be easily checked by looking at the patch,
which is very short. If the debian Ocaml compiler has already some
patches applied (like Mandrake and Redhat distribs), maybe the
mldonkey patch could be also applied by the maintainer ?

- I will ask the Ocaml team if they can apply the patch to the
standard Ocaml distribution; at least, it gives the ability to load and save
intermediate compiled code, which can be of interest for them for
compilation tests. Anyway, the new release 3.05 (probably for next
week) will not contain the patch.

Finally, a solution for the autobuilder process, at least temporarily, could
be to both add an ocaml-patched-and-renamed package and the mldonkey
package to the Debian autobuilder.

- MLDonkey