[Mldonkey-users] upload hinders download? (and 2 other questions)

From: Michael Wurpes
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] upload hinders download? (and 2 other questions)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:31:39 +0200

hi everyone,

lately i noticed my downloads became rather slow, i thought it was because
im downloading rare stuff, but as i made a nu 90 to download from irc after
some 20+ minits my download in mldonkey went from about 2k to 20k.
(i used some 1.99 version downloaded and compiled yesterday, so newest i
guess)

now i went back to 1.16 and the same downloads go with 20k+ too.

is it posible the request-mesages are supressed by my upload?
my max_hard_upload_rate should leave enough room for the requests, but i
think i saw somewhere that now all traffic is limited, could that be a
issue? or is it all my imagination?

oh, another thing:
is it posible to add new shared files without restarting the core?
i tryed reshare, but i didnt notice the new files in incomming appearing on
upstats.

yet another thing:
can the client decide what file to get from another client first?
i have 2 files with same source, one at 97% and one at 37%,
guess which is downloaded, right the 37% one...

thx,
Michael Wurpes