Re: [Mldonkey-users] Changed upload behaviour from 8+4 to 8+5 (incl 8+6)

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Changed upload behaviour from 8+4 to 8+5 (incl 8+6)
Date: 10 Oct 2002 17:39:06 +0200

"Roland Arendes" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> I noticed a change in the upload management from 8+4 to the newer cvs
> versions. To visualize this I attached a screenshot from my
> upload-monitor.
>
> left from the black bar is the 8+4, which upload management is quite good
> (steadily at 10k/s). Right is the newer 8+6 (8+5 showed the same
> behaviour.)
>
> I think this came with the overnet improvements. This should be fixed.
> Online Gaming/fast surfing is impossible with the newer builds.
>
> Mldonkey, are there any packets from overnet, which are not counted in the
> upstream?

With overnet active I had 75% of all IP frames with <75 Byte
paylod. With 54 Byte ip+pppoe header per frame thats a lot of
overhead. I think there should be a overhead penalty per send. With
tcp streams the kernel will buffer small packets and send them in
chunks but not with udp (overnet).

MfG
   Goswin

PS: Use QOS/Fair scheduling to make your gaming more important.