Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: CVS update 20 minutes ago, Beta8+6

From: Dusker
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: CVS update 20 minutes ago, Beta8+6
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:27:29 +0200

crazee_canuck wrote:

SH> "Roland Arendes"  wrote:

2002/10/09: mldonkey
    - add: catch SIGTERM and save the config before exiting

SH> Does this mean, if I just "kill `cat $HOME/.locks/mldonkey.pid`" in my
SH> ip-up, it will gracefully stop mldonkey (saving files.ini, etc.) so I
SH> don't lose any downloads, etc.?

I believe not.  The default kill signal is SIGKILL.
I believe that SIGTERM is issued upon system shutdown, but I may be
wrong (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if that is the case). :)

Nope
$ man kill
[...]
DESCRIPTION
      The  default  signal  for  kill is TERM....
[...]

"kill `cat $HOME/.locks/mldonkey.pid`"
should work, although I would put it in ip-down[.d]
If there's any timing involved, you should keep in mind that there is a delay
between the command and the actual clean shutdown (because shuttuing down
mldonkey takes some time.

Jens