Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: CVS update 20 minutes ago, Beta8+6

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: CVS update 20 minutes ago, Beta8+6
Date: 12 Oct 2002 00:41:08 +0200

Sven Hartge <address@hidden> writes:

> [Please don't CC me, I am subscribed to the list, Thank you.]
>
> Um 03:47 Uhr am 11.10.02 schrieb Goswin Brederlow:
> > Sven Hartge <address@hidden> writes:
> >>
> >> Does this mean, if I just "kill `cat $HOME/.locks/mldonkey.pid`" in my
> >> ip-up, it will gracefully stop mldonkey (saving files.ini, etc.) so I
> >> don't lose any downloads, etc.?
>
> > Just send a "set client_ip $IPLOCAL" to the core and you will be fine.
> > The old connections will timeout after a few minutes.
>
> This works, but after 20 minutes, the old servers are still marked as
> "connected" and just won't expire.

The server is only used every 20 minutes. So the connection probably
dies upon its next use.

The only thing thats affected by this is sharing files. Other clients
won't get your new IP for the next 20 minutes from a server. Source
propagation between client will still work though.

> Could the please be a command to mass-disconnect all servers, this would
> be very handy after one got a new IP.

Maybe changing client_ip should do that or resent its client info to
all conected servers (and thereby triggering a reconnect). No reason
to not tell the servers about a new client_ip.

MfG
        Goswin