Re: [Mldonkey-users] rewritten upload in edonkey.

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] rewritten upload in edonkey.
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:24:28 +0200 (CEST)

>  can you describe your rewritten upload a little bit more?
>
>  - fix: rewritten upload in edonkey. Old mode can be restaured with option
>  'new_upload_system' set to false

Previously, mldonkey used to send every second upload messages to
edonkey clients for max_hard_upload_rate kB. Moreover, everything was
rounded to kB, and not bytes. Then, the bandwidth management would
only really send on the network max_hard_upload_rate kB, including
other control messages.

Now, every byte is counted. Moreover, mldonkey will send only for
(max_hard_upload_rate-1) kB, giving at least 1kB for control messages
(I need to prevent setting max_hard_upload_rate to 1...).
Moreover, messages are sent 10% per 1/10 second, not all at the same time.

There are still two new bugs that I have to fix as soon as possible:
prevent sending more than the authorized rate in 1 second (this can
happen if all the bandwidth is sent in the last 1/10 second of one
second, and the bandwidth for the next second is sent in the first
1/10 second), and another bug that make remove new untested sources
instead of old bad sources when new sources are added...

I will do that tonight.

- MLDonkey