monit-dev

Re: preparing for release?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: preparing for release?
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 20:16:52 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

There are following issues yet:

1.) dependency stuff
2.) persistent 'process->do_validate' flag (to keep monitoring state
after configuration reload)

There are a few ways to do this I think:

1) Make a copy of processlist before re-init, and copy old dynamic values
(not just do_validate).

2) Use some kind of db structure for the process list that is persistant,
perhaps even across sessions (using a db file or something)

I think both suggestions are good - i though about something similar to option 2.) for custom configuration source (ldap, sql) as well. It is needed to have some way to cache last valid configuration for the vent that monit won't be able to connect to the network database (for any reason). I though about either XML format (local file) or BerkeleyDB library. Option 1.) will be probably easier to implement and maybe we can live with it until third-party configuration sources can come in place and such feature will be needed. We should yet think about it - what does the others (and you, Rory) mean?

I'm working now on dependecy stuff and i have maybe one wish - what
about to use 'depend' statement to declare "master" process, instead of
present "slave" processes?

I thought about doing that, and found that one needs to loop more if done
that way.
I'll be looking at fixing the stuff up early next week.

Super :)