monit-dev

Re: preparing for release?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: preparing for release?
Date: 02 Dec 2002 03:20:04 +0100

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> i have one question - there's lot of new functionality added to monit
> and its long time since we released 3.0. Maybe it will be usefull to
> release new version in few weeks, so i will concentrate to finalize it
> and will not work on new features (for example ldap, snmp, probably
> disk usage, etc.) until present functionality will be ready/cleaned.

A very good idea, to concentrate on the present code and release a
tip-top version. It seems that all of us are very busy at the moment
and to focus our forces on a new release without adding all the new
exiting stuff is the way to go if we shall be able to release shortly,
which I really hope.

It's been a long time since the last release as you said, and doing a
new release will be good for us and for monit, it raises the awareness
of our excellent product and brings in more users which is always fun
and last but not least gives us a feeling of progress :-)

The bottom line now is to fix the depend code and then we are ready.

BTW, because we have lot's of new cool stuff in this version, what do
you say about stepping up the version number to 3.5 instead of 3.1 to
flag that this is not a minor feature release?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland